Healthy and so delicious, this moist TRUE WHEY Grass Fed Whey Protein Banana Bread has no sugar and no oil.
- 100 grams (1 cup) oat flour (pre-ground or grind some oats in a blender)
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 30 grams (2 tbsp) nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 grams TRUE WHEY grass fed whey protein powder (2 heaped scoops)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (optional)
Heat oven to 170 Cº (340 Fº) and fold a 20 cm (7.9 inches) loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with oil of choice.
In a large mixing bowl mash two ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Add to the banana mixture egg, Greek yogurt, nut butter, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and salt. Stir the wet mixture with a whisk or fork for around two minutes, or until all is well combined.
Mix in oat flour and baking powder. When the flours are well incorporated into the wet mixture, scoop in protein powder and gently give it a stir. Do not over-mix protein powder.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake in hot oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of your protein banana bread comes out clean. If the top gets a little too brown, top it with foil for the last 10 min of baking.
Remove banana bread from oven and let cool in the loaf pan for a few minutes. Finally, remove your protein banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before slicing.
This high protein banana bread recipe uses vanilla flavored whey protein powder. You can replace it with your favourite flavour TRUE WHEY Grass Fed Whey Protein powder.
- Wrapped well, this protein banana bread will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature. For longer storages, refrigerate in a food container for up to 5 days.
- Mix in 40 grams (1/4 cup) dark chocolate chips, some walnuts or a mix of both at the end, before adding the batter to the pan.
- Replace 30 grams (1/3 cup) of the oat flour with cocoa powder and add some chocolate chips to get chocolate oatmeal banana bread.
- Add some blueberries to get a protein blueberry banana bread.